Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ted Leo for Free-O


It would be in your best interests if this Friday, you got yourself over to Southstreet Seaport (I think it's over there) to see one of the best goddamn showmen in Rock and Roll today, live in concert, for free. The only time I've ever seen Ted Leo live was at a Lookout! Records showcase where I had to sit through like a hundred of his shitty labelmates (what happened to lookout?) before I got to hear him rock and it was still worth every second of standing around in the post smoking ban smelliness of CBGBs. The douchipster and I also ended up getting stranded in a Sbarro's for a while, where he confessed his love for the song "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles, but I digress.

"Sword in the Stone" by Ted Leo


Listening to the Pharmacists as a whole is always a good time, but I have to say I really enjoy the sound that Ted achieves when it's just him and his guitar. Even if it's not what he's playing anymore, you can totally tell that this guy grew up in punk rock bands and I love it. While we're on the subject of Ted Leo growing up, I should mention Chisel. After rocking around New York's 80's hardcore scene, Ted bounced down to the D.C. scene, where he formed Chisel. If you're not familiar with them, I highly suggest you check em out.

"On Warmer Music" by Chisel

2 comments:

MC Abstract Douchipster said...

you definitely agreed with me on "eternal flame" and you didnt tell me you got the new decemberists, im intrigued

Anonymous said...

i did no such thing and I just got it while I was writing the jamrock post