Wednesday, August 30, 2006

rockin and a rollin



So all summer, I was supposed to be working on an independent study in Spanish, and I left it all for today, a whole courseload of work, so I'm gonna make this quick. Anyways, I was listening to music while I did some work, and a Wilco song came on. It then occured to me I've never talked about how much I love Wilco. Years ago, a friend of mine left a CD in my car that they were supposed to have burned for a friend. That friend never got that CD and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot entered my music collection. About a year later, I picked up Being There. I think I prefer them when their sound leans more towards country than indie rock, but I'm pretty much always down with their rock and roll.

Wilco's frontman Jeff Tweedy has released some live recordings of him doing Wilco stuff and other stuff and there's a lot of fun energy in these recordings.

This song kind of reminds me of "Stay" by Jackson Browne?? I mean, it's sort of a stretch, but just the way he says "we got solid state technology..." triggers something in my memory. Great songs, both of em.
peace!

No comments: