Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Hold Steady podcast! I listen!

I listened to a podcast for the first time today. I guess admitting that now kind of makes me unhip and behind the times, but I'm still awesome. So the podcast in question was one by Craig Finn from the Hold Steady and he played and talked about a pretty cool little mix of music. The tracklisting for his podcast is as follows:

"I Will Dare" by the Replacements
"Right Brigade" by Bad Brains
"Sometime to Return" by Soul Asylum
"Start Today" by the Gorilla Biscuits
"Sour Grapes" by the Descendents

I don't know if I've ever even heard Soul Asylum and the Gorilla Biscuits mentioned by the same person, let alone played back to back, so that was pretty cool. I'm kind of divided on this whole podcast thing. When I say divided, I mean I enjoyed listening to it, but in the back of my mind, it bothered me knowing that each individual track wasn't going to show up on my scrob.

No comments: