Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hi, How Are You?

Today is gonna be a good day, Silent Bob. Why's that, you ask? Because shortly after I rolled out of bed, I saw that there was a package for me.
No, not that kind of package. The kind of package that contained my new Daniel Johnston T Shirt


as well as his CD Continued Story + Hi, How Are You, The Unfinished Album. If you've never heard of Daniel Johnston, then I would highly recommend checking out the documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston. See for most of Johnston's adult life, he's suffered from serious mental illness, which has repeatedly forced him in and out of hospitalization. So since he's crazy, obviously he's a wonderful musician. Well not exactly. If I sat here and said that this CD is great, I'd be lying to you. Johnston doesn't have the greatest voice in the world and he's not the most talented instrumentalist either. A lot of his songs, not all, still manage to come out beautifully however, I think mostly due to the emotion in Johnston's simple melodies. Truth be told, there's not too much I can say about this guy, except that I'm glad I saw the documentary and now know who he is. So I'll just go and share a couple of my favorite tracks from this composite of two albums.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he too played at suny purchase. 2005. missed that?

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known. I don't go to Purchase myself, so I'm never up on who's going to be there when.

xxx rated incest stories said...

She looked down in a moment of reflection before holding Gingersgaze again. It has to do with sex, honey.
dog sex k9 cum stories free
young girls first time sex stories
free hardcore sex stories
lesbian erotica stories
car masturbation stories
She looked down in a moment of reflection before holding Gingersgaze again. It has to do with sex, honey.