Sunday, July 30, 2006

you're so LAAAAAAME!!!!!!



Arguing between Nas's "Ether" and Jay-Z's "Takeover" is the most futile music discussion ever. Whatever side you are on (even if it is the wrong one) you will not change your opinion no matter how much convincing the other person tries. Let me say for the record that I am a "Takeover" guy and I am pretty sure that Green Hornet will back me. The reason I am thinking about this argument is that I was reading this list done by the blog Psychedelic Kimchi. I know it's just one guy's opinion, but check what song is at number 2 and guess what song isn't even there. It's a pretty good read all around though. Check it out:

Psychedelic Kimchi's Top Ten Hip-Hop Diss Tracks


Here are the songs

Takeover - Jay-z

Ether - Nas


It's not just the fantastic Kanye beat with the Bowie sample on "Takeover" that makes it better. It's not just the fact that the beat for "Ether" (a song that I actually don't hate as much as it might seem) really takes a good idea and beats it into the ground. It's more about the fact that on Takeover, Jay-z makes you feel like he owns Nas. He isn't just spitting insults: he is better, he knows it, and he wants you to know it. Got it? Good. Cuz after he gets rid of all foes worth getting rid of, he goes back to what he does best, which is 11 tracks of extreme narcissism (a.k.a. the rest of the fantastic The Blueprint).

Also

Lisa Bonet and Marisa Tomei together on the show Different World might be too hot for television. They are foxes.

Also

This guy recently started a blog where the whole point is for him to predict, based on hype and pure instinct, what pitchforkmedia.com will give an album. I love the idea as me and my friends play this game all the time. It's not as tough as it should be and so far this guy has been coming fairly close. Here's the link:

That's Mr. Tower (predictfork.blogspot.com)



The 9:00 show is completely different from the 7:00 show, enjoy the veal, goodnight everybody!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this technological world everything is accessible on net?


My site ... Generateur de Code PSN