Friday, July 21, 2006

Fuck You Friday


So welcome to the first ever "Fuck You Friday" here at Cigarbox Guitars. See the idea here is that every Friday, one of us here is going to post something embarassing from their music collection and attempt to justify it. Then all zero people reading along at home can see it and say, "All this pretension, and you've been hiding that Linkin Park single this whole time??? Fuck you , man!". Then everyone will feel much better. So to get the ball rolling here, I bring to you:

"Better Off Alone" feat. Jay-Z, The Lox, Ghostface Killah, Nas, Mobb Deep, Common, Dead Prez, and the RZA by Alice Deejay, mixed by DJ Whiskeyclone.

I don't even know what to say about this. There was a short phase among my friends this spring where we listened to the original version of this song pretty regularly. Even that's kind of silly. One day I was looking to download it, and I saw Ghostface's name pop up. We all know how I feel about Ghost, so of course I downloaded it. Man, this song sucks. I'd be lying though if I said I never listened to it.

So everybody get your rocks off at my expense and have a happy Fuck You Friday!

No comments: