Wednesday, November 29, 2006

the connection between Bob Dylan and Dirt McGirt

So I barely ever post anymore because it's been the craziest semester of my life, and I have 2 weeks of straight library time ahead of me with ridiculous piles of work to do. But I've been listening to some cool stuff lately. First I'll start with something for Sean.



Secondary Modern - Elvis Costello
Watch Your Step - Elvis Costello
These songs were released one year apart on two fantastic albums. They sound really really similar. Still good stuff though.


Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
I just found out one of my least favorite songs ever is a cover from the mid-60s. This original is great. Interesting note about Gloria Jones: she has a kid with Marc Bolan from T. Rex, and she was the driver of the car that crashed and killed Bolan in 1977. (note: pic is of Bolan)


The Chills - Peter Bjorn and John
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Apparently high schools in Sweden have classes such as History, Math, and Perfect Pop Writing 101. Three words: drums sound awesome. Amazing production.


Kickapoo - Tenacious D
Like the man said: listen to this if you don't mind some cream in your jeans. I have always been a big fan of the D and I am psyched to see the movie. This song features cameos from Meat Loaf and Ronnie James Dio, so the awesomeness is baked right in.




No comments: