Tuesday, June 20, 2006

L-B-See ya


So I caught a video the other day for the titular single from Tha Dogg Pound's upcoming album "Cali is Active". I've never been the biggest fan of West Coast Hip Hop, but it's nice to be reminded they exist, especially in the midst of this Big Up New York phase. The video has a ton of cameous from various luminaries of the left coast, including Dj Quik, B Real, Xzibit, and my favorite rapper to ever appear on a home recorded Sublime album, 2 $hort. Like I said, this funky west coast shit has just never really been my style, but this track is done well.

"Cali Is Active" by Tha Dogg Pound

and since I brought it up...

"Q-Ball" by Sublime with Q Ball and 2 $hort

To move things back to my side of the country for a moment, I caught a little bit of the Busta Rhymes / Clinton Sparks mixtape "New Crack City" today and it sounds good as hell. Maybe I'm a little biased towards Busta, but it seems like he can do no wrong these days. Check out Soul-Sides
for a more indepth review and a couple tracks.

1 comment:

Max Tesatora said...

West Coast, that shit cannot be denied.