Wednesday, June 28, 2006

copycat copycat


When I saw MC Abstract Douchipster had posted up all that french hip hop, I figured I'd throw in my two cents on music in foreign languages. I couldn't help it, I have to overcompensate here for only having ever heard one french MC (diam's) while he's well versed in the subject. Anyways,


"Tu Gornisht" - King Django
Back when Matisyahu was still skipping Hebrew School to smoke Ls in White Plains, King Django was already rocking on some Jew Reggae. I saw Django at abc no rio a few years back and it's still one of the best shows I've ever been to. Although not all of his music is markedly Jewish or Reggae, it is all awesome. This particular song is a cover of the Specials song, "Do Nothing." The only difference is it's in yiddish.


"Don" - Miranda!
My brother loves to watch vidéos on Mtv Español, apparently, and one night he called me in to watch this crazy ass video. Aside from that video being awesome, I love this song. The keyboard is perfectly nintendo and the vocals are so absurdly falsetto and catchy that I can't help but sing along. Even when I don't know what they're saying.



"Eu Suo Favela" - Seu Jorge
Yes. This is Knockout Ned from City of God. Yes. He did play a bunch of David Bowie songs in the Life Aquatic and sing them in Portugese. This is a political song about slum violence that will make you want to dance.

No comments: