Monday, June 19, 2006

Junior Boys "In The Morning"


In The Morning - Junior Boys

I am seriously excited for this new Junior Boys album (titled So This is Goodbye, out in August), even more so after I finally tracked down their new single "In The Morning". This song might be better than anything on their stellar first album (Last Exit), and that is saying alot. That album was most of the time subtle in it's whispery, sexual little way. This song bubbles along with a ridiculously danceable, almost industrial beat. Check the build up and release at the 3 minute mark with that synth line that gives my ears a boner. I gotta hear that synth line on a dance floor before the end of the year.

Between this album and Thom Yorke's, my most anticipated albums of the summer list is now at 2.

No comments: