Friday, December 15, 2006

You've got my song...


When my brother bought the copy of Pinkerton that we used to listen to, it came with 3 copies of the liner notes. Lucky us.



"Tired of Sex" by Weezer "Across the Sea" by Weezer

Apparently, Pinkerton evolved out of a plan by Rivers Cuomo for a grandiose rock opera album. There's an interesting bit about it at noise to signal. Check out the song "Blast Off!" that they have posted, if you want to hear Rivers through a vocoder. I know I do. Apparently "I just threw out the love of my dreams" was one of the tracks planned for the project, entitled Songs from The Black Hole. Even though Rivers barely sings on this track (replaced by Rachel Haden, older sister of ex-decemberist Petra, sister in law to Jack Black of the D, member of weezer bassist Matt Sharp's side project, the Rentals, oooh what a twisted web), it still sounds very weezer.

2 comments:

MC Abstract Douchipster said...

ive been into this "thre out the love of my dreams" song for a while, i could have sworn i posted it over the summer, but i guess i didnt, good call

dont you enjoy the fact that one of the girliest frontmen ever (Rivers) wrote this song, and this girl singer shows us what Rivers would sound like as a female

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite albums of all time. It will always baffle me how good they were on those first two records and how bad they were after the return (Island in the SUn) excluded.