Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

I know I usually have a hard on for anything and everything Phil Spector related, but as much as I enjoy Darlene Love's version of "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)", there's another version that I'll always prefer.



That's right, I'm talking about U2. Maybe Darlene Love can help you celebrate the birth of Christ AND the wall of sound (both equally influential to the world), but the U2 is the band I instantly think of when I hear this song. It's the version I grew up with and it rocks oh so well.

"Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home" by U2



Then of course, there's the pairing that's odder than any mash-up the internet could ever dream of.



"The Little Drummer Boy" by David Bowie & Bing Crosby


To step in another direction, I'd like to bring up the only christmas song I can think of that contains the word "faggot". I mean, what is Christmas without some alcoholism? Cue Shane MacGowan and his mushmouthed mess of a first verse. Kirsty MacColl balances out his sloppy mess and the result is LOVERLY.




Oh and on the subject of alcoholism,






And just so we don't lose any scene points here,



No comments: