Wednesday, June 13, 2007

made in america

So Don't Stop Believing by Journey is now one of my favorite songs. This will probably only last for a few more days, but when a song like that is tied to one of the most monumental things to happen in my life up to this point (yes, i realize how sad that this was a moment in tv, but it was the Sopranos, nuff said), it has to have some special meaning. I could discuss my feelings on the Sopranos finale here, but it's easier to just say that I loved it. After 3 straight weeks (and more this season) of some of the best episodes of any television show ever, creator David Chase downplayed the importance of the last one just like I expected him to. Anyone that wanted Tony to die or go to jail or have something major happen to him wasn't watching the same show for the past 8 years. That's not how he plays things. To say that this show was a big deal to me is probably an understatement.

BTW, after initially being adamant against the idea, I am starting to become swayed towards the idea that Tony was, in fact, killed in that final scene. The fact that we have no answer is the genious of the whole thing.

I haven't written on this blog in months. Once I was out of the habit it was hard to come back to it. I also hadn't been listening to much that really excited me for a while. Recently that has changed.

How had I never listened to Jeff Buckley's album Grace before a week ago? It's among the most beautiful things I have ever heard. Buckley's voice is the best rock has to offer.

Lover, You Should've Come Over - Jeff Buckley

Mojo Pin - Jeff Buckley





Uffie finally made a good song. Fuck that, Uffie finally made something that can even be considered a song. It's really really good, too. Give it a few listens. She's also freaking adorable.

First Love - Uffie



Got the new Dizzee Rascal too. Havn't absorbed it completely yet, but so far it's full of grimetastic bangers. The song "Suck My Dick" sucks though.

Sirens - Dizzee



I'm not going to post any songs, but I also finally listened to the new Clipse album. I didn't expect much, but it's really great.

I know it's a little ridiculous now, but me and Green Hornet had discussed posting a favorites of 2006 back in January. We had decided I would do it, and I never did. But he says I should still do it. So here is a tiny version of out FAVORITE SONGS OF 2006:

1.Two Can Win - J Dilla
2.Another Sunny Day - Belle and Suckbastian
3.Silent Shout - The Knife
4.If Looks Could Kill - Camera Obscura
5.Underwater - Ghostface



As of right now, I still don't have cable in my apartment (it's been about 2 months now), and my internet is spotty. I feel pretty out of touch with the world. I think I'm digging it though. Hopefully I'm back for good. No promises.

No comments: