Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blazin' Hip Hop + SYL

I've spent most of this summer in a pretty deep mainstream rap phase. It probably started with summer jam and the anticipation of summer jam, but so far it hasn't let up. Seeing T.I. on Thursday probably isn't going to do anything to slow it down (thankyou eBay), although seeing the Decemberists on Monday and Elvis Perkins on Saturday possibly could. Anyway, I bring this up because today was one of the rare occasions lately where I've really jammed on something you couldn't find on hot 97 or power 105. I was playing kickball and one of the base coaches shouted "run to the hills!" I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever heard that phrase uttered without thinking of Iron Maiden. I spent most of the rest of the game singing in my metal falsetto (and making ill double plays) and when I came home I decided to sit down and listen to some Maiden.




Listening to Maiden brought me to listen to Strapping Young Lad, a band I don't even think I've thought about since I started working at WSOU almost four years ago. I believe I've missed them, though not too much.

No comments: