Sunday, May 06, 2007

More Empirical Evidence that Vocoders Rule

I started writing this piece about songs that use vocoders versus songs that don't, and how the songs that use vocoder will always turn out better. A half hour later, I haven't done much of anything besides bob my head to wild amounts of daft punk and I can't think of any way that this half hour could've been better spent. My original argument had a lot to do with the fact that "Pop the Glock" by Uffie is a really fun head bopper and the fact that her non-vocoder material is kinda wack. Now, although her flow is suuuuper corny, I'm really finding myself enjoying her other tracks more and more. The production really doesn't hurt things, even if she comes off sounding like Tila Tequila most of the time.



So if you've just listened to those s
ongs and aren't convinced that the vocoder on "Pop the Glock" makes her sound a million times cooler, than you need to sit down with these next few tracks. They'll remind you how cool the sound is and for a bonus they'll shake your bouncy booty.


"Around the World" by Daft Punk
"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk



Also,
On two political sidenotes, if you're not familiar with the blog Fight to Survive, it's definitely worth checking out. It's a blog maintained by Iraq war veterans, started during their time in Iraq. It's not always a particularly pleasant read, but I think it's important to see that there are folks who have witnessed Iraq's "liberation" firsthand, and still think it's wrong. My second sidenote is that I was calling into the John Gambling show late last week and the call screener asked me if they could call me on Friday to talk to Sean Hannity. Apparently they try and arrange for liberal callers so Hannity can have someone to argue with. So if you tune in during the earlier part of the show, (770am at 3 o'clock in the NYC area) you just might hear Sean Hannity going back and forth with the green hornet. Or they might not call me. We'll see.


No comments: