Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Grandma, Take Me Home

I'm not sure why, but lately I've been thinking / reading about Nirvana a lot (Did you know that with the length of his shotgun, he would've had to pull the trigger with his toe, yet he was found with his shoes on?). I'm not sure what's brought it on, but I've been enjoying it. Like most kids my age who were kinda sad in middle school, I was a pretty big Nirvana fan up until my high school years really took off. I remember catching the video for the song "Sliver" on some countdown show on Mtv (I think it was like the cast of Buffy's favorite videos or something... I wanna say Allyson Hannigan picked it?) and I just thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, all gritty and whatnot.



I enjoyed Nirvana before that, but "Sliver" was the first lesser known track that I really got into. I dug out my copy of Incesticide tonight and I still enjoy this track as much as I did when I was 13.

No comments: