Wednesday, April 18, 2007

in memoriam

Today, I mourn the loss of my finest footwear, my best pair of cons. When I went to slip on my black, low top, pre-Nike takeover, Converse Chuck Taylors, one of the sides just split open, ending the life of my last pair of the greatest shoes ever made. Sure, I've still got my green high tops, my monochrome high tops, and my red high tops, but none of them compare to the black oxford. I could get a new pair of them, but I told myself I'd never buy converse sneakers again after Nike bought them out. I've really been enjoying my new pumas recently, but now I feel like I missed out on time I could've had with my cons. In order to help cope with my own pain, I bring you some songs about loss.


"Bro Hymn Tribute" by Pennywise
"Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs N Harmony
"Jellyhead" by Crush


Oh wait that last tune is just an awesome middle school jam.
My bad, I got mixed up there.



Make sure you kids leave room for the holy spirit, now.

No comments: