Monday, April 16, 2007

Chicharrones



So lately I've been somewhat immune to the electronic bleat of my alarm clock, which has lead me to augment it with my CD player alarm. For whatever reason, I've really been enjoying waking up to the Best of Buena Vista. The first track, "Chicharrones con Tostones" by Compay Segundo just has something about it that shakes me awake right when it comes on, but lets me gradually float in and out of sleep. I don't know about everyone else, but my dreams tend to incorporate sound that's going on in the waking world. If someone is trying to talk to me while I'm sleeping, it'll be woven into a dream, and the same thing with sound from the radio or the TV. Something about the tinny mute on the trumpet in this track has just been making my dreams nutty. It's hard to explain since I have trouble remembering my dreams, but I know that this album has made them crazy.



No comments: