Sunday, January 14, 2007

where was the list

So it is MAD cliche to make a year end list, that is why we didn't have one. OK, so thats not true at all. Come December, the Green Hornet asked if I would write it and we discussed it a good amount...then I just never did it. Good sign of how I go about my schooling right? Well, it could still come. Better late than never, right? But until then here is just a normal post.




Holiday Song - The Pixies

I had loved the 4 main Pixies albums for years, and for some reason never got into the highly regarded EP Come on Pilgrim, and still haven't. But recently I am really enjoying the song from the EP "Holiday Song". Joey Santiago's riff in the beginning is one of his best. Distorted guitar surf rock with freak show lyrics in both delivry and content has never sounded better.



The Holiday Song - James Mercer of the Shins

I won't lie though, the reason I really heard about this song was this very nice acoustic version from James Mercer of the Shins. Is it cool to like the Shins? Who knows, but it is definitely uncool to not like them. (Sorry, there is a minute long outro of talking because this was live on some radio show. Honestly, I've never even listened to it so I don't even know what show it is.)

No comments: